Monday, May 18, 2009

A few day trips and a BBQ

Sorry for the silence on the blogging front... believe it or not I've been quite busy while recovering from my wee accident..





So... where we last left off I had just exited this place...






I've actually been healing very quickly... it's been 6 weeks and yesterday I attempted my first jog / run. Painful yes... but I managed.



But in the meantime I haven't let a broken pelvis or two slow down my fun.






I've been on a day trip to Hever Castle


(that's real England blue sky!)








Went to Winchester with Tane, Lauren, Renee and Stephen.
We saw King Arthur's Round Table























We went into Winchester Cathedral while humming the corosponding song.


And to welcome Spring (who shows up only now and then), my flat had our first BBQ of the season!







As the only man of the flat, Steph's boyfriend Neville took charge. I'm holding the box that says
BBQ just in case it wasn't clear what it exactly was...


You see, they have these small pocket portable BBQ in a box kits here... and it just didn't really seem like a REAL BBQ. But it was. The sausages were cooked and eaten.



So it's coming up to 3 months for me living in London. I can't believe it's gone so quickly. But at the same time I feel like I've always been here. Odd.


This weekend is the Cheese Rolling Festival tour, so I promise not to wait a month and get photos of that up quick smart.


x Laura

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura. Managed to find your blog via Tane and Lauren's blog... am so pleased I did. Now I know exactly what you're up to! OMG re the bus crushing thing! I had no idea! Really pleased to hear you are okay though. Sounds like you're having a blast over there. Good one! Talk soon? Maz XXX

    ReplyDelete